"How could such sweet and wholesome hours Be reckoned but with herbs and flowers." - Andrew Marvel
How could such simple ingredients yield such delicious results is really the question! This flavor of this Grilled Herb Chicken (also delicious on shrimp and even on salmon, just don't marinate as long), a staple in my house since my meal prep business days, belies the simplicity of the recipe. Just a handful of ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand or could easily grab at the market, transfer otherwise bland and boring boneless, skinless chicken breasts into a deliciously flavorful and moist entree ready to star in the center of your plate! It is in fact, my most favorite summer grilled chicken recipe. I should have shared it sooner, but there still plenty of nice weather ahead. So fire up your grill and let's get cooking (ideally you will have marinated the chicken over-night or for at least 4 hours prior to grilling).
Grilled Herb Chicken- serves 6
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup finely minced red onion
1/4 cup minced fresh Italian (flat leaf) Parsley
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1. Gather all your ingredients! Fresh is always best!
2. In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients, except chicken, until well combined (not so pretty, but just wait)...
3. Place chicken in a zip top plastic bag. Pour marinade into bag; seal, squeezing out all the air.
4. Massage marinade into chicken to distribute evenly.
5. Place chicken in refrigerator and marinate over-night or for at least 4 hours.
6. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Clean and oil grates (or use an indoor grill pan).
7. While grill is preheating., remove chicken from fridge. When grill is hot, remove chicken from marinade discarding marinade.
8. Place chicken on grill and cook 5-7 minutes per side, or until done (165 Degrees F internal temp), turning once.
I just know you are going to love it, too! ♥
Welcome to my blog! I am a wife, mother ,former pastry chef, pet mom and creative who is exploring art, trying to practice gratitude as a way of life and attempting to hold on to a sense of awe and wonder about everything in my world. I live in Northern Colorado where I love to cook, play with art supplies, hike and ride my bike. Thank you for visiting!