"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it, is like wrapping a present and not giving it." -William Arthur Ward
I know I talked a little about gratitude in a recent post, but it is a subject that bears repeating. The other day I received a newsletter email from Hay House. Hay House, if you are unfamiliar, is a publishing house that deals in spirit lifting, life affirming and conscience-expanding products. The late Wayne Dyer is perhaps their best known author. So I am just going to share what Hay House summed up as easy ways to practice gratitude, not just now at Thanksgiving, but every day of the year. I promise you it will expand the goodness in your heart and your life. Why not give a few a try?
"1. Leave handwritten notes for loved ones around the house. It’ll be a pleasant surprise for them.
2. Walk through your home and give thanks to each room, meditate over the good memories created in each section of the house. Thank the furniture and appliances that help you.
3. Tell your pets how grateful you are to have their company in your life.
4. Donate old/unused toys and clothes to families in need or at local charities.
5. Thank your coworkers on the great job they’re doing.
6. Compliment the people you come across in your daily life. Compliments are small doses of gratitude that affect people in big ways.
7. Give thanks to nature. Take a walk and thank the trees on your street, the birds chirping or the bodies of water nearby. Relish in your natural surroundings. Breathe in the air and appreciate the life it gives.
8. When you eat a meal, give thanks to the food. Welcome how much it’s nourishing your body.
9. Share recipes and traditions with friends and loved ones. Have everyone contribute to the wonderful meal about to be shared on Thanksgiving. Share with them memories and good times you’ve had together. 10. Remember to thank yourself. Thank your body, thank your hard efforts and talents, and thank your spirit and existence in this world."
Gratitude- pass it on!♥